Wholesome Child – Australia’s most comprehensive and holistic nutrition solution for Child Care Centres
A Wholesome Child is a happy child
And that’s why we’ve partnered with Wholesome Child. Their philosophy is simple: “Train children’s tastebuds to enjoy nourishing, nutritionally beneficial foods as early as possible to ensure optimal development and establish lifelong healthy eating behaviours.”
With our fresh, seasonal menus, we ensure all our children receive nutritious meals every day. But it’s not simply about nutrition, it’s also about discovering new things. Nothing beats tasting something new for the very first time, and we want our children to experience that for themselves.
Recipe of the month
Hot Cross Muffins For Easter
Prep time: 50 mins
Cooking time: 6 mins
What You Need
1 Cup Almond Meal
¼ Cup Tapioca Flour
1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
1 ¼ Tsp Baking Powder
½ Tsp Ground Cinnamon
¼ Tsp All Spice
¼ Cup Coconut Sugar
¼ Cup Almond Milk Or Milk Of Choice
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Melted
½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
¼ Tsp Orange Or Lemon Zest
¼ Cup Raisins (Optional)
Cashew Cream For The Cross Frosting:
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
¼ Tsp Vanilla Extract
¼ Cup + 2 Tbs Coconut Milk
1. Preheat oven to 180C and line a muffin tray with muffin liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine almond meal, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking powder and spices.
3. In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar until fluffy and light in colour.
4. Add milk, oil, vanilla and zest and beat until combined.
5. Add egg mixture to dry mixture and stir to combine.
6. If using raisins, gently fold them into the batter.
7. Pour batter into prepared muffin liners and bake for 18-20 mins or until golden brown on top and a cake tester comes out clean.
8.Set aside and let cool.
9. For the cashew cream, place all ingredients into a high-speed food processor or blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
10. Place cream into a piping bag and place in the freezer to cool down for 10-15 mins.
11. Once the muffins have cooled down and the cashew cream has set, pipe crosses onto each muffin.
12. Keep leftover cashew cream in the fridge and use as a spread, for smoothies or as a filling for creamy chocolate eggs.
Wholesome Child Academy
Wholesome Child launched their brand new ‘Wholesome Child Academy’ in 2021. The ‘Wholesome Child Academy’ offers parents a range of whole food courses developed by our Founder, Paediatric Nutritionist and Chief Nutrition Officer, Mandy Sacher. These include:
All courses and resources available are based on the same philosophy that underpins the ‘Nourish program’ and the ‘Wholesome Child’ Book.